For too long, I have been drowning out my thoughts in my loud music, TV, movies, etc. I'm not sure if it's because I just don't want to come to terms with where my thoughts will lead me, or if it's because there's a sense of numbness. Either way, I've appreciated the numbness. I've needed the numbness.
What a confession. Right? Well, it's true. And tonight, after what feels like a very long time, I felt something. I'm not saying it was earth shattering. But I'm hoping, in time, it will continue to sink in. But I felt like maybe I saw a spark in the distance of a very very dark night. And though that spark fizzled out quickly, I still remember a little bit of what I saw. I don't know how long it will stay with me. But maybe, just maybe it will last me til the next spark happens.
"Stop and say, I will give you my very best" -Dr Taylor Hartman. I guess, sometimes all it takes is having someone by your side, helping you push through to the very end.
1 month ago

No comments:
Post a Comment