As you are aware, I have been having some health issues as of late. In early Fall they found that I had somehow contracted the H. Pylori bacteria. You can only get this bacteria through food or water and it is not originated in the USA. Since I've only been to Italy recently, it would appear that I contracted this bacteria there. Sad, but Italy was still worth it. :) Unfortunately because I had neglected going to the doctor for so long, I then had to deal with ulcers and a lovely diet with medications that in my opinion... would kill the weak. (haha). As months continue to move forward, and my symptoms have not relinquished their hold on me.. more aggressive tests have been performed. Yay. Conclusion? There is peace in knowing SOMEthings rather than guessing about EVERYthing.
Here are the things that have gone through my mind right after waking up from anesthesia... #1 Thank you for that FANTASTIC drug!!! Apparently I was given the same anesthetic that Michael Jackson was addicted to. Believe me folks...I can see why. It was AWESOME!!! :) #2 Thank you for the follow up reading material, cause I didn't really remember all that the doc was telling my mama-sita. #3 I didn't think it was a forever thing. I thought we'd find the problem and it would be silly. I'd take a pill and it would be gone. Apparently I was wrong.
Apparently I have a Hiatal Hernia in my Esophagus. This means that my esophagus doesn't close properly and my stomach acid ventures. This would be one of the causes or possibly THE cause of my severe chest pain, heartburn, nausea, etc. Ironically you see this kind of thing in old people, smokers, or overweight people. Not really people like me. Whateve's. Now, I'm just waiting on the biopsies cause the C word came up and they are testing to see if the H. Pylori bacteria is being stubborn in my gut and won't die die die. Conclusion? There is still peace in knowing. Will I always have this Hiatal Hernia? Yes. But I know that I can handle whatever comes my way. We all can. (Regardless of the biopsy results.) Though there are things in our lives that seem hard, we can pull through. So I plan on dancing in this rainstorm, just a little bit longer. :)
5 days ago

4 comments:
I have a Hiatal Hernia too. Just take some kills and you are good. Sorry you have been so sic fir so long, now hopefully you will get better.
Wait, so is all of this stemming from the H. Pylori bacteria?
You are a trooper Tandy and I LOVE your attitude. You are right, we all can handle what comes our way because we are stronger than we give ourselves credit for.
Keep us posted!
Thanks Tabs. :) I didn't know you had a Hiatal Hernia. Honestly, I didn't even know what it was until now. We'll have to talk soon about this fun-ness! :) I really can't take any pain killers due to other things I'm going through, but I find that I'm doing ok with the pain. I'm learning what I can and cannot do. What I can and cannot eat, etc etc etc. :)
Camille, yes and no. They really have no idea what has caused my particular hernia. They cannot prove that the bacteria did or did not cause it. Hiatal Hernia's can be something a person is born with or something causes by trauma to the esophagus. As my esophagus has been under a lot of trauma the past 8 months, that cannot be ruled out. And since I did not have any symptoms of a Hiatal Hernia until the past 6 months, I personally would deduct that yes, it was from the bacteria. But I cannot prove it. Either way, this is a part of me now. :)
I hope you get things figured out with it. "Knowing is half the battle"...Right?
Post a Comment