Saturday, January 2, 2010

Looking Up

One day, I was driving my car and I noticed a middle aged woman looking up. There was just something about the way she was looking up into the sky. Next thing I knew, I looked up in the general direction she was looking. I couldn't see anything but blue sky. I glanced back at the woman. She was still mesmerized. I then noted that I was passing an assisted living facility. I'm not sure of this woman's situation, the things I've just stated above are only my observations of a brief few seconds. But here is a few thoughts that came to my mind. Sometimes, it isn't until we haven't had the blessing or opportunity to see something or experience something.. that we realize how grateful we are for those things when they are back in our lives. This woman may have been experiencing her first outdoors walk in a long time. She may have been simply amazed at how blue the sky appeared to her that day after being cooped up indoors for a time. Who knows. But what I do know is this, it made me think. How often do I stop to look up? How often do I just stop to enjoy the greatness around me. We are truly blessed to be living in a place with so much beauty around us. I am grateful that the sky is blue. I am grateful that I have eyes that see that color. I am grateful for things and people who help me remember.

1 comment:

Valery G. said...

AMEN! Could you send me an invite to my gmail account? valeryg47@gmail.com I am trying to get rid of my yahoo account. Thanks hun! I love reading your blog. You are very sincere and you crack me up many times as well! -V-