Saturday, March 3, 2012

I'm Ba-ack..

Well, I suppose my very long hiatus has come to an end, thanks Jake. I've actually been meaning to get back to my posting. To share my thoughts and well, see if I have any followers any more. Ha. Does anyone Blog anymore? I suppose blogging isn't really so much for the reader, as it is for the writer. What a nice way to put thought into word. To solidify ones frame of mind and take flight in a completely different way, other than physically of course.

I look forward to sharing with you. Whoever you may be. :)

I recently went to a seminar with Jack Canfield. It was a great way to remind me of a few key things.

1) When we say I "can't" do something, what are we really saying? Are there really very many things we "can't" do? Think about this. Next time you use the word can't, think about whether you really cannot do it or is there really a more 'true' word that could replace the word can't. There are very few things we cannot do. Or perhaps our words need more communication in order to make a truer statement. Jack and I would both venture to say that instead of "can't" the truer word is "won't". Most times when we say we can't do something, really we mean we won't do it. For example, "I can't say that." Really? When have you known anyone not to be able to articulate something? What they really mean, is that they won't say that specific something, because of xy and z. Let's try a different example. "I can't swing dance." What I really mean is "I've never taken a swing dancing class so I won't swing dance until I do." Or some variation of that. The second sentence is more correct because we all have the capability within us. This knowledge is so empowering. It is on us to do something about our situation. No more can'ts. I most certainly am going to try to eliminate this word from my vocabulary. It is difficult, but I know it can be done.

2) Act as if whatever happens to you, has happened because you CREATED it. I am not talking about being egotistical. I am not talking about being self-centered. What I am talking about is not being a victim. It is so easy to fall into the poor me syndrome. It is easy to fall into the negativity of situations around you. But if you believe that all that happens to you has happened because of something you did, one of two things will happen. If something not so great happens, you will be propelled to do something differently to try for a better outcome. If something great is happening, you will continue to strive for that good outcome. The idea is stop doing what isn't working and keep doing what is. But remember, you are not a victim. This is essential too. Positive thinking will get you everywhere. "If it is meant to be, it is up to me!" :)

No comments: