Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Power in a Name

You know, I've heard "there is power in a name" before. But I guess I really haven't given it much thought until recently. As children, we are given a name and a blessing. We are identified by our name. When our name is used, we feel a connection. A binding/obligation. A sense of being. I really truly believe there IS power in a name. I also believe that we as human beings have an innate sense of needing to identify with one another. Of connecting. Of understanding and being understood.

Having said all of that, think about what all of that means when we talk badly about one another. The kind of negative power or energy we are pummeling one another with when we are gossiping, talking badly, or complaining about each other. Have you ever walked into a room and felt a bad vibe or just KNEW someone was talking about you? It doesn't feel good.

Now think about what kind of person you WANT to be? I'd venture to say it is a happy person. Right? Someone with whom others feel comfortable around and know you do not participate in such negativity. Well, if we all simply remembered the power in a name and Viewed it sacredly, I believe we would be one step closer to our goal. We are, after all, all brothers and sister who should fight for one another to the end. We are family.

No comments: