Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Honoring those who Fight for our Freedom

Honestly, this whole election has been very aggravating to me. I hate politics. There, I said it! It's true. It's like everyone is so set on bringing out each other's 'garbage' that I don't understand how anyone can view politics in a positive light. How am I supposed to feel good about voting for a person who tries to smear another person while in the same breath is boasting about their own good qualities? It is completely insane to me. At this point, I feel it is a simple choice of choosing between the lessor of the two evils so to speak. Quite honestly it makes me want to throw up.

What REALLY gets me though, is all this talk of pulling out of the war. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I hate war as much as the next person. But what I am saying is that it is a complete slap in the face to those beautiful soldiers who have sacrificed their time, energy, and in some cases.. lives in this war if we pull out of it cold turkey. We dishonor our soldiers by talking about the war as if it has been a complete failure. If you were to talk to a soldier who is currently serving, you would know that they believe it to be a success. They believe it to be worthy of their service. My brother is currently in Afghanistan. He left a beautiful wife behind so he could serve his country for a cause that he believes in. He left his family so he could fight for a freedom that soldiers continue to fight for and that we as every day Americans seem to forget that we continue to have to fight for. Yes, we live in the Land of the Free but that does not mean we do not have to protect that freedom. That does not mean we do not have to continue to fight for that right. I am so thankful to those soldiers who sacrifice continually even when the media leads others to believe what they are doing is for not. I am thankful for those soldiers who sacrifice for our freedom even when it would appear that gratitude is lacking amongst the people who owe them their freedom.


4 comments:

jkribbit said...

Amen, Sister-Friend! Thank you for this post, Tandy. I completely agree. Would you mind if I put a link to it on my blog?

Tandy said...

Please do! Link away :) I will be posting some pics of my bro as soon as I have time and can get my laptop to work. lol. :) Thanks for commenting. :)

Robyn said...

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I too am sick of politics. I'm also sick of the media forgetting to show all the good that our soldiers are doing throughout the world. Tell you bro, thanks!

White's said...

Thanks TT. I too am so greatful for what we are doing over there. So are the people who live there. As my Dad said I will die while gripping my flag of freedom. No matter what happens!