
It's official, I am going to be getting my very first stamp in my passport! Ok, I have to admit that I have actually traveled outside of the country before, however, it was BEFORE the whole 'you have to have a passport' uproar.
To say that I'm excited is kind of putting it mildly. Actually, to say that I'm not nervous at all, would also be a little bit of a lie. I'm ubber stoked and I'm fairly nervous as well. I have never flown on a plane for this amount of time. And I keep hearing all sorts of do's and don'ts that make me want to vomit. Seriously, I'm not sure which I'd rather be. Overly prepared so that I have all these nerves. Or under prepared and surprised if things end up happening. I tend to lean more towards the overly prepared (I was a girl scout after all), however I hate the whole nerves part. I think I roll with things pretty well, but dang the nerves! :)
I have a check list. Given to me by friends and family members mind you. Would you like to hear it? Here goes: 1) Find the good looking Italian men and flirt. 2) Kiss an Italian man. 3) Find a reason not to come back (aka marriage). 4) Find the romance in Italy. 5) Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Funny how they all pretty much revolve around MEN. Now listen friends and family. I know you all have high hopes that Italy is going to provide for me what America has not, but I really am going just to mark off one of my dream places. To see the wonders that Italy has to offer. To relax, find peace, be awed, and marvel at my surroundings while enjoying a Gondola ride. Seriously! :) Ok, and if I happen to have a fling...so be it. But REALLY, I'm just excited to be going and seeing all the places that I've always wanted to see. So I say to you..my passport is in check, and ready to be stamped. Ciao

3 comments:
Tandy...FYI...I totally read "To be awed" as "To be wed". :) I am SO excited for you! You are going to have the best time. Don't worry too much about the plane ride, it will be fine. Hopefully you got an isle seat to give your long legs more room because there is NO space between the rows. ;) Enjoy, eat lots of pasta, kiss lots of men and don't forget to bring back my parcel!!
Sooooo jealous! I hope you have the time of your life. No pressure about an Italian Stalion, but how romantic would it be to kiss one (or two, or three)!!
I want to hear all about your trip when you get back!!!
Post a Comment