Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oh What a Weekend Filled with Tykes

This weekend was BLISS!!! Ok, yes it was wonderful to watch Conference...but really I'm ecstatic to have been able to spend major quality time with my kids. Not just one or two, but ALL of them (minus one). I was thrilled, to say the least! My kidlets put so much joy into my heart that it makes me wonder why in the world I bother leaving them in the first place? Hm, something to think about...

Anyway, I have some major reporting to catch you up on. First of all before the weekend happened and before I actually knew I was going to see my kidlets, I happened to be reading my sister-in-law's blog. Something I really enjoy doing so I can be updated on my kids. Especially when life has been crazy busy and I haven't been able to see my kids in a couple weeks like recently. Anyway, she just posted about how my sweet Abby lost her VERY FIRST TOOTH!!!! They even videoed my brother pulling it, which is his first pulling by the way. It wasn't gross like tying it to a door and slamming it, it was cute. I'll explain in a minute, but while I'm watching the little clip...I seriously started welling up! I'm such a baby!

Ok, back to my brother. I'm so proud of the dad he is. He does such a great job. Who would have thought that the brother who always picked on me as a child would end up being a loving, caring father. :) Love you Nick! Anyway, Abby is sitting on Nicks lap, quite obviously nervous. Nick has a tissue and he goes in for the tooth as she tells him she isn't ready or something like that. He acts like he's listening to her and takes his hand down. At this point you aren't really sure if he's already pulled it or not (which he had). But he tells Abb's that he just wants to feel her tooth again so he barely touches her tooth as she's telling him no again (he did that so he could clean it up a little for the camera), so he backs off again. But this time, you see she HAS no tooth there. Oh so clever. This time, she realizes it and is as happy as can be. That's when I realized my big girl is growing up...my meanie brother grew up...and I'm honored to be apart of this family. Ok, maybe I already knew that part. :) So proud of you brother! So proud of you Abb's.

Photobucket

Next off, my other niece Madison (9 days younger than Abby) also loses her tooth. Yup, you read that right. Want to know the freaky thing? She lost it 9 days after Abby! Totally not kidding. Again, my older brother Will pulled his first childs tooth. Proud of you too Brother!!! Of course he didn't wait for his wife, but it was either that or have his daughter go into hysterics. Apparently that little tooth REALLY wanted out! Good thing daddy got home in time and the babysitter was no longer on duty (we were at girls night). According to my brother, Madison was VERY brave. She didn't cry and she told me it didn't even hurt. So proud of you too Maddie baby. The first tooth is always special, just like I was telling you. :)

Photobucket

Side note, Compare pics...the girls teeth are the exact opposite teeth on the bottom. Would've been super freaky if they were the same teeth though. ha. Anyway, I had to take a pic of my sweeties. As I was doing this, my precious Braxton came running over smiling at me. I asked him if he wanted his picture taken. He just smiled at me. So I told him I was going to take a picture of my Handsome Braxie. He kept jumping up and down making a picture impossible until I finally got this pic. Once I took it, he wanted to see it and just said "handsome". He's doing so well and of course handsome! :)

Photobucket

Lastly, I have come to realize my kidlets pay a little too much attention to their TT's words. Good thing my language is clean. Phew... So I'm sitting on the couch and my little Ry-ry exlaims "What the..." I couldn't believe my ears. I just looked at him and asked what? He just smiled his charming little smile and laughed. Oh dear. Then throughout the rest of the night I kept hearing words like "totally! really, really!" and other words that I use in the context that I use them. It was actually pretty hilarious. Just goes to show..our little ones really do learn from us. I'm honored to have these little tykes in my life, showing me that I need to continually be a better person, a better teacher, and a better aunt. Love you my little tykes. :)

1 comment:

Robyn said...

You are such a wonderful Auntie T! Those kids are so lucky to have someone who adores them like you do.