Monday, July 27, 2009

Tired or Simply Line repelled?

Ok, so I had a very interesting day yesterday. As most of you know, I have reached the young age of 31 years. What the heck does that matter? Well, it means I am transitioning into a phase in my life where I am searching for belonging in the church world. Don't get me wrong. I am most definitely NOT searching for a new spiritual belief, just a place to set my hat every Sunday to worship. My current singles ward is only for those up to age 30. Once you hit the big 3 1, it's time to set your sights somewhere else. Anyway, so I decided to try the mid singles ward yesterday. Big breath. Now granted, I did go to my regular ward (because I was asked to attend) and there happened to be a mingle at both wards...so we are talking church for 6 hrs, 2 mingles, AND wait for it...I had a baptism to top it off. So needless to say, I was pretty exhausted.

I thought I'd jot down my experience at the mid singles ward. This is more to just getting it out of my system. When my friend and I got there, a guy was lingering in the hall and immediately made verbal contact with us as we were headed to the bathroom before Relief Society. A little quirky, but alright. As we headed into RS, that same guy was now hanging outside the RS doors and made more verbal contact with me. Still alright. I get to sacrament meeting and same guy sits on the same bench on the opposite side as me. I notice this guy continually maneuvering positions to see me throughout all of the meeting. I smiled at him to let him know I did in fact notice him (hoping he'd stop making such an awkward attempt at getting noticed). Nope, he continued watching me throughout the meeting. After the meeting he stood at his end of the bench, waiting for me to get up, however, I was looking for the hymns we would be using for the baptism. So the next thing I knew, he was standing right in front of me making hymnal comments. Wow! This guy was trying SO HARD!!! Impressed and flattered that someone was going to ALL THIS TROUBLE to get my attention, I spoke with him for a few minutes and he went on his way as I finished with the baptism hymnal stuff. My friend and I went into the mingle to waste some time before the baptism and yep....there was my mystery man again. And for the next 30 or so minutes we talked. At one point he asked me a question and when it was time for him to respond, he said "I'm sorry, I was listening but I was just mesmerized by how beautiful your eyes are". Hahaha. Wow. I'm not sure if he's creepy AND nervous, just nervous, or just creepy?! I thought maybe I was just tired, but the more I think about it the more I realize, hearing blatant 'lines' is such a turnoff. Now, had I known this guy and he was just paying me a compliment... that's flattering. :)

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Ummm yeah. Hope there are some nice guys that aren't trying so hard! You do have mesmerizing eyes though!

taraandhowie said...

Lol, but was he cute??

Cambu said...

So what was your verdict of the ward? Will it become your new "home"? :)

Timmy and Chanell said...

Umm I'm sorry, what were you talking about? I was mesmerized by your beautiful eyes from your blog pictures =]