To say that this post is MY idea would be..false. To say that this post 'title' is My idea would be..true. I altered the title a bit. Yay. So that's ok, right? Anyway, my friend was talking about how she has friends who have days of confession. I thought that was hilarious. So I thought I'd give it a whirl.
~ I hate commercials and yet, work for a marketing company.
~ I talk right out loud to other cars as I'm driving. I secretly think the other drivers must know what I'm saying if I voice out my words rather than keeping them bottled up in my head.
~ I used to watch a lot of movies and despised TV (going back to #1, plus I don't like feeling like I have to stay at home in order to watch 'my shows'). Now that I have DVR, I watch a little more TV and just fast forward. Oh, the power of the remote is awesome.
~ I find that when I'm busy, I worry about when I'm going to find time to do the everyday stuff. But when I have a spare moment, I veg out and forget that I need to do the everyday stuff during that time. Dangit!
~ I really dislike cliques. You hurt more than you realize when you are apart of one. I try to change up the groups a little bit. Having repeat friends in a group isn't a bad thing. But including different people continually and making them feel wanted and welcome is key. I'm just saying, if you're excluding...what does that say about you as a person? I try not to be that person.
~ It's amazing to me at how un-truthful people are with one another. I'll give an example with myself. When a person asks how we are doing, auto reply "Good!" When truth may be that we are struggling or whatever. I no longer answer with auto replies or if I do, I correct myself. I will say "ok" or something that feels truthful. I even have a friend who says "that's fine" when it's clearly NOT fine. Her motivation is she doesn't want the confrontation or the other person to feel bad but ultimately this just frustrates her more. So...Truth is best.
~ I read Elizabeth Smart's testimonial today and I started tearing up. I can't imagine a person going through all of that, let alone at age 14. Yes, I realize her experience was over 6 years ago.
Well, thanks for tuning into my first try at My Confessional Block (aka, random thoughts I've been having) ;)
1 month ago

1 comment:
I talk out loud to cars...something about it is very theraputic! :) I also agree with you about cliques. They can be very hurtful and I try not to be that person either! Speaking of which, we need to play sometime! It's been forever!!
Post a Comment