As a little girl, I always felt like I was on the wrong side of the glass. My sister was on one side with all the flashing lights and balloons and fun things, and I was on the other side with the left overs. As I got older, I realized that what I saw was nothing but false glamor. It wasn't all that it seemed. But the one thing that I was correct with, was that I was on one side of the glass, and my sister has always been on the other. Every now and then the glass alters and I'm able to glimpse her as if I'm almost on that same side, but the next thing I know is that darn glass is there again. Preventing us from really seeing one anothers perspectives for very long.
Here's the thing that I realized tonight. I am so grateful for the glimpses. I would much rather have them, than not. Though she and I are most definitely very different in most ways, we are similar in several. I am grateful for those glimpses in time when she and I can come together and have real conversations. One's that are based on truth and sincerity. I am grateful for those glimpses that allow for the glass to move enough that I see my sister. No longer parted by obstacles, but really see her and she see's me. I am grateful for glimpses like tonight.
5 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment