Last night I had the pleasure to take 2 of my nephews out for their birthdays. My sister in law had asked that since they have way too many toys, we just give them a dollar for their birthdays (cause lets face it, they'll think they're rich with a dollar so why spend or give more). So of course, I wanted to change things up a little bit. I asked my sweeties if they'd like the money or a dinner date with TT. Don't worry, I did this privately just in case they rejected me. Ha. Anyway, to my delight they couldn't believe that they were getting a chance for date night. Ethan (5) even said "wait, we get to go out with you by ourselves!" Which proceeded with a lot of jumping around. Looks like I need to do this more often and not just for birthdays. Brax will love it.
Anyway, so last night we are driving and the boys quite honestly say the darnedest things. I kept laughing. Ryan out of no where just says "We are just crazy kids" as if he had been pondering it for a time. Ha. Then, we got stuck in a little bit of traffic. Ethan isn't the most patient little one. He was getting frustrated at the car in front of me. So we discussed how getting angry and frustrated at things we cannot change doesn't really help the situation (like traffic). And how if we are patient, eventually things work out. The topic moved on to other things, as they often do with little ones. But out of the blue, Ethan says "I've gotta work on being patient". Haha. I asked him who told him that? Just cause I thought it was funny coming out of his mouth and not an adults. Apparently one of his teachers helpers mentioned to him that he's not patient and it stuck. I then asked the boys if they knew what being patient means. I kind of assumed neither one would. They both shocked me when they chimed in and said "it means to wait". Haha. That's actually a really good way to explain patience to a child.
Of all the places we could have gone to eat, they chose McDonald's. That's how much I love my kidlets. Anyway, we walk in and they run up to the toy display to scream out which toy they want in their Happy Meal. Yes, 'scream' with excitement. It was that excitement that won over the worker who was standing near, checking the menu, and ultimately ensuring that their exact toy choices were followed out. Good to note that they not only repeatedly win my heart over, but the hearts of the McDonald employee's as well. :)
As we ate and played, it was so much fun for me to watch them interact with the other children. "Stranger children" as Ethan referred to them as. Ha. Anyway, they told me that one of their favorite things is getting to know the stranger children. Haha. Boy my one nephew would waltz right up to the older kids and ask them to play. No fear. He's quite the social butterfly. Very much like his mother, definitely NOT like his father (my brother). :)
Love my boys. Oh, we were a rock band in the car. The boys were the guitarists. I was opted to be the lead vocalist and drummer. (Difficult to be while driving safely and taking these pics)
Don't worry Heather. Red lights were involved. :) I take your children's lives in my hands VERY seriously. :)
1 month ago

2 comments:
You are such a good aunt!
Too Funny TT! THat is funny that you talked about patience. We just had a family home evening on that subject! I love that Ethan gives credit to teachers and not his parents!! LOL!! That is a scary looking rockband! Those RED eyes!!! It made the boys laugh!!
Post a Comment