Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Secretly Elated by it all...

Sunday was a double wammie. We celebrated 2 birthday's even though Ethan's birthday was a little bit ago and Ryan's birthday was actually that day. He was so good to share the day with his older bro. As I walked into the house, I was on a mission... I simply HAD to find my Ry-Ry! Mission accomplished, he and Ethan were trying to figure out Badmiton. Boy was that hilarious! So inventive! Once they saw me, they came a-runnin'. :) To my hearts joy, of course. Though we were celebrating Ethan that day too, I took special cares to make Ry-Ry know it was HIS special day (since I'd already made it Ethan's day on his actual bday). He curled up in my lap as I sang him my special (nerdy) happy birthday song that only the kidlets get to hear cause let's face it..I don't just sing solo's for ANYONE!!! Yikes!

Can you believe my kidlet's 4?! This is him showing his age. VERY appropriate ;)
Photobucket

We even took secret special pictures too. I'll share with you cause I KNOW you can keep a secret. What can I say, the kids like their pics taken. :) Well.. I can simply PRETEND that I'm the most beautiful princess in ALL of them, can't I? Even though you and I both know the truth. Double Yikes!!



Anyway, here's my secret elation, non birthday related. In comes Brax. He walks right up to Ryan and pats him and says "Ryn, hap birf-day!" Just as this happens, Ethan asks Brax if he wants to play. What?! Usually the boys play with each other and EVENTUALLY include Brax in. This was a first for me to see happen in this particular manner. Yeah!!! Ryan and Ethan began showing Brax how 'they' thought one should play badmiton and so Ryan handed Brax his racket to try it out. That got old fast. So, the next thing I know, Ethan grabs Brax by the hand and they are playing on the swing set. Excluding Ryan. What?! Is this even possible? Usually Brax is the one excluded. Though I'd much rather all the kids playing with each other, I was elated that Brax was the one chosen this time around. And he loved it. He's doing SO well! I guess my heart just soars when he's playing with others, saying 'his words' and interacting like the rest of the kids. (P.S. Don't worry about Ry-Ry. He and I had our own fun on the tramp). Goodness...I remember WHY I don't jump on that thing anymore! Good thing all the kidlets are so little right now that my lil jumps still make them fly. All I can say is T.I.R.I.N.G

Photobucket

Speaking of interacting. So we were opening presents. Brax LOVES this part. Well I was helping the boys and trying to keep all the other kidlets at bay so pictures could be taken of the excitement. One of my tactics was to get Brax to sit on my lap. I was failing, to say the least. So I told Brax.."Braxie, I haven't got my loves yet! (my hugs). So he turns to me, thinks about my words, turns his 'thought' look into the CUTEST smile and gives me the biggest Brax hug. Then he pulls away, holds his hand up in a 'hold it right there' kind of way, and says "Dats enof". And continues to NOT sit on my lap so pictures can be taken. Sigh. What can I say, these kinds of moments are priceless. And worth every second of my life. :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

angela & family said...

what can I say?!?!.....you've got the cutest neices and nephews EVER! And, they sure do love (and are lucky to have) their T-T!!!