Thursday, April 8, 2010

Turning that Frown Upside Down

"Why do you have warts right there?" Now don't get me wrong, I KNOW I don't have 'warts' on my hand. But I simply could not figure out what my nephew could be referring to? And rubbing on my hand so tenderly. Then the light clicked. WORDS! "Why do you have WORDS right there?" I had written a reminder on my hand earlier and he could not understand why I had written on myself on purpose! :) I mean, he understood scribbles cause that is art, but words? Come on! :) LOVE the way he says his words. Sad that he's gonna be growing outta that one day. But um, I'm sure he'll be appreciative since it's not so cute as an adult.

"TT, can you not put frosting on my nose again? I don't like when people laugh at me." haha. Good thing I smoothed it over by explaining that they were laughing at ME, not him.. for being so silly and PUTTING that frosting on his nose. Hey, I couldn't help it! After his brother licked the knife, I figured it was time to stop frosting the cookies for a minute and share the love a little. Apparently one of the three didn't like the sharing. Whoops. :)

Me- "I need a kiss!" 4-yr old nephew- "I'm not your boyfriend!" hahaha. Well, there ya go! Contrary to that little dialogue, he absolutely does love me and kisses, cuddles, and snuggles me all the time. I think this is his way of choosing when he gets to do it. Which I TOTALLY support by the way. I will NEVER make a child give someone loves if they do not want to. I will suggest it, but if they don't want to..then they don't have to. It's that simple.

2-yr old niece "TT, lipstick" after she stares at my lips for a little bit. P.S. she wasn't telling me, she was asking me. So of course I whip out my chap-stick that smells like strawberries and I apply it. She then models it for me. Boy oh boy we are going to be in TROUBLE! :)

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I totally love kid jargon...wishing they would stay little forever!