As you know, Mother's Day has just passed. I personally, am not much of smaller holiday person. What I mean to say is that growing up, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day, Birthdays, etc were not that big of a deal. Not that NOTHING gets done on these days to celebrate, but just that not much is expected. Now Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter.. those are a completely different story. But looking at the meaning of these 'smaller holidays', I realize the importance of just celebrating each other. Showing gratitude for each other. Showing appreciation for those who have done wonderful things for us.
As I contemplate Mother's Day, I can't help but just thinking of women in general. Women who are full time mom's. Women who juggle a career and being a mom. Women who cannot have children, but choose to be an example to those little one's they have contact with. Women who would love to be a mom but have not had the opportunity yet in life but also choose to be an example. Mother's Day means something different to every one of these types of women, but the one thing in common is the children in our lives and choosing to be the type of woman that helps, nurtures, and is a safety zone for these little ones in our lives. What a great thing to celebrate on a day like Mother's Day.
As an individual who has not had the opportunity to be a Mother yet, I have to say that focusing on being the best Auntie has been such a delight in my life. I lovingly call all the children in my life 'my kidlets'. If I cannot be a mother yet, I will be a safe haven for those who look to me for guidance, love, nurturing, and an example of what is good, strong, and caring. My kidlets know they can turn to me for ANYTHING and I will guide them through safely and teach them the things they need in order to be good human beings. I also know that my family members know absolutely that I can be trusted with this sacred job when they are not around in moments of need. I am grateful for these opportunities in my life when they occur and cannot wait for the opportunity to be a Mother myself someday.
In looking at my own mother, this Mother's Day. I have to say that Heavenly Father has given me the greatest gift by having my mother be my mother. She is the most amazing women I know. Not only would she do anything for her children, but she has shown me the epitome of love, nurturing, caring, wisdom, self sacrifice, hard work, dependability, and constance. I could go on and on, but I'm pretty sure you get the idea. I, like most.. if not all of you, feel I have THE BEST MOM. Isn't it amazing that we all feel that way about our mothers? Wouldn't it be amazing if we all expressed that love, appreciation, and sentiment frequently to our Mothers? Not just on designated days to celebrate her.
My wish to you is the same wish I expressed to my Facebook Connections. Whether you are currently a mother, a soon to be mother, or a want to be mother, my wish is the same.. That you have a very Happy Mother's Day! I hope you know that your purpose is great. That your example is noted. That your love is felt. You are amazing women. Thank you to all who take this right and privilege seriously. :)
5 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment