
Confession. I HATE bananas. It's true. The one exception is banana bread and only if a very small amount of banana is used. I only say this now because I recently had my first banana bread that TASTED like I was eating a nasty banana. They apparently used 4x the allotted banana requirement. But in most cases, you cannot taste banana in banana bread. But I loath bananas. They overpower any other taste. In a smoothie...there's the after taste that banana leaves. Banana tongue if you will. Fruit salad with bananas in it...there's the banana slim that banana leaves all over the other fruit. Who can enjoy fruit slimmed? It's just not good.
Interestingly enough, my hate for bananas comes up a lot. Apparently people find it intriguing. Inevitably, they always ask the questions about when I have children, will I refuse to feed them bananas. To me, this is a funny question.
Exhibit A. This weekend my nephew was eating a banana. For all good friends who know me, know I have an extremely sensitive smeller. I smell EVERYTHING. Well,what can I say, he wanted to sit on me and eat this crazy huge banana. I love him. Of course I want him to sit with me. And I only cringed inside when he was putting his banana hands all over me. Cause I love him. He has NO idea that I loath bananas. None of my kidlets know Aunt TT is completely grossed out by bananas...the smell and all that goes with it. Because that's just how I roll. I love them, banana hands and all. :)

3 comments:
My sister would love you! She, too, hates bananas. I, on the other hand, eat one every morning for breakfast! :)
I am right there with you. I hate apples. I feel the same way about apples. To make you feel better it took my kiddos sliming me to give me a better "appriciation" for the nasty fruit. Have fun and we miss you!!!
I actually like banana bread because I think it tastes so much like bananas!! Kinda funny!!!
Post a Comment