Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Older & Wiser!


Age is a funny thing. It used to be that we wanted to get older so that we could do certain things (i.e. date, drive, graduate). Then once we surpassed that age, we wanted to slow time down because age just meant bad things (i.e. wrinkles, flab, hearing problems, memory problems). Ok ok, maybe not everyone worries about those particular problems, but getting older caused stress for one reason or another. I remember when I was turning 30, it was horribly stressful. It just meant that I had not accomplished a lot of things that I really wanted to accomplish by that age. Now that I just turned 32, I really am LOVING it!!! Best year yet! Seriously! For the first time in my life, I feel so comfortable in my skin. I'm not sure if it's because I just went through hell's fire..or if it's because I've simply come to terms with some things in life, but man oh man it's great! So I guess I'm here to say "own it!" :) Be happy. Older means so many awesome things!

Some dear friends threw me an awesome bday party. Actually they 'tried' to throw me a surprise bday party but it's really 'the thought that counts'. I absolutely LOVE spending time with great friends! Thanks friends, for sharing my day with me and showing me that you care.

Angie took the pic from above off of Facebook and made a shirt that said "Spank Me, It's my Birthday". Brynn had me wear a boa and tiara. What more could a girl ask for on her birthday?!









It's never a bad thing to get a little luv'in...











'A' for effort! :) It was mostly a surprise! :)


Here's part of the group who celebrated with me. Friends are good! :)




























Here's to another year of awesomeness!!! And more 1sts!

(Those appearing in pics: Justin Harris, Brynn McSweeney, Lora, Katie Winn, Jason?, Chris Bingham, Ruth Binns, Russ, Angie Hansen, Dakon Mortensen, Michael Vissor)

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Looks like you had a fun birthday! 32 looks good on you!