I would say that surprising to some, I am a very fearful person. I fear of disappointing others. I fear of disappointing myself. I fear of so many silly things. Well, I've decided that I am TIRED of being afraid. This year I have made my New Years goal to 'Make this year a year of Firsts'. Ultimately I'd love to accomplish trying 100 firsts that I've really wanted to try but either never had the opportunity, never had the guts, or had some other reason to talk myself out of it. In this quest I have come to realize that I can do anything I put my mind to. Though I still get really nervous depending on the experience, and though sometimes I REALLY need to work my way up to accomplishing the end result, I know I can do it! :) And that is quite a feat for me to say!!! My journey will not end at the end of this year. I will continue to try new things. I will no longer shy away from things because I've not tried them before. In my journey the greatest thing has been to see that those I've come in contact with have also taken on this view. So many people I've come in contact with are now trying new things. They've even come out with a movie "The Bucket List" with the same kind of idea. It all comes down to the same concept, don't let life pass you by. Enjoy it and do the things you've always wanted to do. :)
People have been asking me what my list has consisted of...so here ya go!
1. Went to a gymnastics tournament
2. Went to the Rexburg Idaho temple open house (Beautiful)
3. Went to the Blue Man Group Concert (odd)
4. Went Salsa Dancing (apparently I have amazing hips. lol)
5. Went to an Off Broadway Show
6. Snow Shoeing
7. Attended a Ballet
8. Soldier Hollow Sledding (super FUN)
9. Baniff Film Festival
10. Learned how to do Family History
11. Tried Calamari aka squid (not my favorite)
12. Joined a book club
13. A concert in a suite box
14. Rock Climbing
15. Disney Princesses on Ice
16. Running Shoes
17. New York City
18. The subway
19. New York Temple Session
20. Tried Mango Salsa (actually liked it)
21. Festival of Colors
22. Dance dance revolution (totally terrible but had so much fun)
23. Ghost town- Calico
24. Drove IN California and also drove the whole way from Cali to Draper
25. Rock Concert
26. Tibetan food- Cafe Shambala
27. Charity Walk for Autism
28. Banbury Donuts (yummy!!)
29. Liberty Park
30. Fried Pickle (totally grossed me out)
31. Ruth's Diner in Emigration Canyon
32. Fish 'n' Chips
33. Spin/Cycling Class
34. Joined my first real Gym
35. Living Traditions Festival (FUN)
36. Hummus (totally gross)
37. Bratwurst (I actually liked it, surprisingly)
38. Salt Lake Library (Beautiful)
39. Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant (I don't do buffets but this was good)
40. Capitol Reef National Park
41. Grand Staircase- Escalante National Monument
42. Goblin Valley
43. Hiked Grandeur Peak in Millcreek Canyon
44. Porcupine Pub
45. Jarlsberg cheese
46. Yoga (I'm terrible)
47. Manti Temple Session
48. Kick Boxing (LOVE it)
49. Snapea Crisps
50. Ensign Peak
51. Eyebrows Waxed (actually didn't hurt)
52. Gelatto
53. Frozen Chocolate dipped banana (yuck, still hate banana's even with chocolate)
54. BJ's Restaurant
55. Newport Beach Temple Initiatory
56. Watched fireworks from the beach for the 4th of July
57. Tofu (not bad)
58. Full 24 hr fast
59. Timpanogos Hike
60. Sliding down Timp Glacier
61. Riding in a rebuilt vehicle
62. Off roading (a lot of fun especially going fast)
63. Played Rock Band
64. Jackson Hole
65. Whitewater Rafting (total fan!!)
66. Set off my own fireworks :)
67. Star gazing on the top of a car roof
68. New Book Release
69. Floating the Provo River
70. Demolition Derby
71. Made Cinnamon Rolls from scratch
72. Started a Blog (still not sure how I feel about it)
73. Elk
74. Zucchini Bread (mmm mmm good and super easy!)
75. Meatloaf (totally did it! Nasty to touch while preparing but I did it!! :)
76. Drove cross state through Wyoming (surprisingly longer than you'd think)
77. Vacationed to South Dakota (Beautiful)
78. Mt. Rushmore
79. Custer's State Park (cool wildlife and tons of huge Buffalo)
80. Swept off my feet (literally and it was like I weighed nothing, hm)
81. Red Boxed a Movie (seriously, I had never used Red Box before)
82. Stayed @ a Hotel on the Strip in Vegas (soooo much fun!!!)
83. Collective Soul Concert
84. Tried O'Douls Alcohol Free drink (sooo gross!!!)
85. Camp IN Zions (can't believe I've never camped there before. BEAUTIFUL)
86. Chris Cagle Concert (not into much country but it was entertaining)
87. Started a camp fire (in a pit of course but yay for me!)
88. Shooting (guns scare me but totally did it!!)
89. I sparked (did you know you can spark w/ wintermints? entertaining)
90. Cascade Springs (no not a detergent, yes a beautiful place in the mountains)
91. Pot Roast (not too shabby)
92. Go Kart Racing (sooo much fun!)
93. Moab- Arches National Park- Delicate Arch (amazingly beautiful)
94. Went to a Jazz Game in a Suite Box
95. Went to a Grizzles Hockey Game
96. Ate Korean Food
97. Played Football
98. Nielsen's Frozen Custard (holy crap that's FANTASTIC)
99. Milo drink (it was alright with sugar but not my favorite)
100. Piano lesson (I've been wanting to learn how to play the piano forever)
5 days ago

3 comments:
I totally need a bucket list of my own! Glad to see you on the blogging wagon!
Hey Tandy! I enjoyed your list. Lots of good things on there to try for me. For the record, you appear to have great self-confidence and express yourself well. I'm sure inside we all have our insecurities, but you are a star who shines brightly. Just wanted you to know.
I have to say, this goal have mine has been VERY fun and VERY good for me in soooo many ways! I encourage all to branch out and enjoy firsts. :) Thanks ladies for your words of encouragement and sweetness!! :)
Post a Comment