Saturday, December 27, 2008

Tis the Season

Wow, I cannot believe it is over. Although Christmas is over, I hope we all make a better effort to always remember Christ in our lives. That is one thing I love about Christmas, it is a time to REALLY focus on our Older Brother, His birth, His life. I love that we have a designated time to focus on Him. I'm going to try to make Christ more of a focus in my life.

On a different, lighter note... :)

This Holiday Season I've decided to experiment with baking. I've had so much fun. I really like to cook but I hate cooking when it turns out terrible. Rather than admit defeat before I've even tried, I decided that I was going to have fun baking and cooking things I've never tried before. It's been fun. Unfortunately I didn't think to take pics of them until LATE in the season, but here are a couple creations that were really yummy. :)

 
Chocolate Oreo Bon Bons! I dare you not to love them!!! :)

 
Orange Cinnamon Swirl Bread

 
Crunchy Chicken Roll-ups (Now I'm hungry for this goodness, mmm)

Going to see the Lights on Temple Square is a Tradition. Not only is there so much symbolism there, but I just love to go there. Christmas just isn't Christmas unless I go to Temple Square and see the lights. It was sooo sooo sooo cold! Thankfully we went on a night that wasn't snowing, but we were freezing regardless. Brrr. I love that I'm not the only one who participates in this tradition. Any day of the week, you will find crowds of people enjoying the beauties of the lights. What a blessing.

 

 
Posted by Picasa


We spent Christmas Eve at my brothers house (like we have for the past few years). We munch on lots of yummy finger foods, talk, play with the kiddies, and read Christmas Stories. This year our crowd was some what smaller than past years, but you'd never know it with the volume levels we can reach. Poor great-grandpa! lol. Boy the kiddies get so excited this time of year. I LOVE it!!!

 
This is right before Christmas Stories. They were pumped and ready to hear stories. But definitely good sports about letting TT take a pic of them. :)

 
Posted by Picasa

Two of the four nerdy bro's I have. I couldn't help it. I had to post this one. It makes me giggle at my grandpa's face verses my two bro's. Hahahaha. Still laughing. :)

I hope you all had a Wonderful Christmas and I wish you all a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Eric and Jamie said...

I LOVE your pics! I am glad you figured out how to post pictures....because those food pictures look delicious! I am glad to hear you had a good Christmas!