This years Thanksgiving was a little different. Usually we have tons of family to celebrate with. The attitude is kind of, the more the merrier. Perhaps this is why it is one of my favorite holidays. As you get older, and all the kids start having families of their own, it's hard to get together for holidays. I guess selfishly I've really loved that (for some reason) Thanksgiving works out for us. For some reason the last several years we have all been able to see each other and be together for a time on Thanksgiving. Whether that means one family has to zoom off after a short time or not, I've really loved it. This year wasn't that way. I actually didn't even get to see half my siblings, but that's ok. Life happens and we can't always get what we want. Haha. Thanksgiving was still wonderful.
I started Thanksgiving off by putting together a co-ed Turkey Bowl with some friends. Yes, you read that correctly. A GIRL put together a Turkey Bowl. Listen, I've never played football before and why let the guys have all the fun?! Besides, we did it last year and I missed out because of my broken elbow. So I wasn't gonna let that happen again. :) Guess what?! I totally made a touchdown! Yup, it was great. I even took a ball to the face once. Let's just say I'd rather not repeat that one! Ouch! But overall, it was a blast!
After football, it was off to the brothers. My sweet little nephew was my cuddle buddy all day! I'm not really sure what got into him and why he didn't want to play. Maybe he just missed me, but he just wanted to cuddle. So cute regardless. At one point, we were sitting there and he was playing with my hands and he notices that I have a ring on my right hand. He got really curious and asked me why I was wearing a ring like his daddy (it's a plain band). I tried REALLY hard not to laugh. He obviously thought girls only wore rings with a diamond on them. lol. Anyway, I told him I like rings and girls can wear all kinds of rings. I also asked him if he was wondering why I wasn't wearing the special ring that goes on the special finger, kinda like his mommy and daddys. We had the cutest conversation. Boy, I just love talking to kids. They say the darnedest things and I love to see where their minds end up going. Too cute!
As usual, I read the kiddies my Thanksgiving children's books. They are starting to remember the books. Perhaps its about time I look for a few new books to bring into the mix for next year. :) Overall, a very good day.
1 month ago

1 comment:
Don't ever look for new books! My best memories are the same old Christmas books we read each year! That has been since I was young! Don't change a thing TT! That boy is really cute, I must say!
Post a Comment