As a little girl, I grew up watching my older sister. She was a popular, blonde, beauty. In my eyes, she had it all.
It's amazing how life's experiences change us. How if we allow them, our experiences can either affect us for good or affect us in a damaging and unpredictable way. I don't think any one person chooses to take life experiences badly. But I truly believe we must actively make a decision to take all experiences in life and learn from them. Grow from them. The hard truth is this, we ALL experience hardships. We all have our ups and downs. But the key here is that we ALL do. No one is a victim here. We are all blessed with opportunities. The question is, are we taking those opportunities and learning from them?
As I walked into the hospital room of the ICU, I didn't know what to expect. My heart was guarded. My feelings in check. What would I see? I didn't know. This wasn't the first time I had gone to the hospital to see her. But it was certainly the first time for this reason. I felt wrong. I felt like I wasn't the right person to be there. Maybe I shouldn't have been chosen. Maybe I should let my brother handle it. As I stepped into her room, she weakly looked up at me and smiled. It was then that I was once again her baby sister. I was once again the little girl at my beautiful sisters feet, sitting with her and holding her hand. Trying to understand. You see, my sister tried to take her life last week.
Since only close friends and family read my blog now, I feel this is a safe place. I almost don't even know how to express my feelings on this experience. No, this is not something that is 'public' knowledge. However, my family could really use the prayers right now. And I truly believe there is a great power in 'specific' prayers. I would ask that you all pray for her. She needs all the prayers she can get. I thank you in advance.
Much love.
1 month ago

7 comments:
I am so sorry to hear this. We recently went through this with Dan's sister, but with the opposite outcome. I hope she gets the help she needs to take her through this difficult time in her life. My prayers are with your family.
Ashley
What is going on with Melanie? I hope everything is okay!!!
I'm so sorry! My prayers are definitely with her, you and your entire family!
Oh, Tandy! I am so sorry! I will remember you all in my prayers.
Thanks everyone...
I'm so sorry to hear that Tandy! I will pray for your sister and I hope that things work out alright.
You know Tandy, the stresses in life get to be so much that we forget the eternal perspective of things and it seems like there is no break or release in sight. The gospel of Jesus Christ is such an amazing gospel. It gives us peace, it gives us refuge even amongst the trials. We can't do everything by ourselves. I am so glad that you were able to be there for your sister. It will make you and her a stronger people. Our prayers are with the family.
Post a Comment