As you are aware or simply can imagine, life hasn't been all peaches and cream the last little bit for me or my family. We have been dealing with a lot. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was pooped. But in this time, I've done a lot of reflection and trying to find healthy outlets myself. Which I feel is the key for anyone in hard situations. One may simply need a good friend, or a book to escape to. Whatever your healthy outlet, great. Just so long as you have one. I went to the temple last week. What an amazing feeling it brings to be in the House of the Lord. I'm so grateful every time I step into those doors, that I'm able to partake of the simple blessing of doing that one act. Yes I love being able to serve my gospel sisters in the Temple, but really, I love that I'm able to simply go. That we have Temples. That we have a place that serves as a refuge from all the world. That I, Tandy, have a place I can go that makes me feel closer to my Heavenly Father when I have crummy weeks. That I have a place that I can REALLY focus on spiritual things and not think about all the other junk. Did it make my problems go away? No. Did it make my family's problems go away? No. Did it make me feel better regardless? Yes.
I also had the privilege to have a little R&R with just a few of my kidlets. Now, my sister-in-law may beg to differ, but my job is not the same as hers. You see, I get to play aunt. She has to play mom. TOTALLY different. Anyway, it was my nephews birthday. He's 5!!! I surprised the kids by stopping by Carl's Jr (where they were). It never ceases to amaze me at their excitement level to see me. My sweet Ethan opted to not play on the playground just in order to snuggle with me on the bench. Oh how I love that kid! It's almost as if he always knows when I need that! :) My sister-in-law had had a long week with the kidlets so I opted to go to Ikea with them. Good thing cause the playground was full so that meant the kids stayed with us while shopping. I just loved every second with my kids. We played different games in the store (non-rowdy games of course) and hopefully I helped Heather just a little bit. At one point we were waiting and I sat on a chair and Ethan climbed onto my lap and snuggled right in. He said "TT, I am just SOOOO comfortable right now! I am so comfortable right now cause I'm with you." This my friends, would be one of my outlets. My kids always seem to make me feel the love and peace. I'm just grateful my sisters frequently share. :)
1 month ago

1 comment:
Amazing how much peace the temple brings...I don't know why I don't get there more. My excuses for not going are pathetic, because they are the very reason I NEED to be going!
Post a Comment