Thursday, March 12, 2009

Don't Forget to Look Up

I make these Reverence Books for children. One quote in these books has been on my mind the last few days.
Photobucket
"As long as you are looking down, you cannot see what is above you."-Unknown

So many things have been weighing on me the past little bit. I suppose I've been concentrating more on my feet and where they would be taking me next, rather then seeing what is above me. I used to love to stare up at the stars. In my reflection over the past little while, I realized that I've forgotten to take the time to do one of my favorite things...to stare at the stars. And if you are concentrating too hard at staring at where your feet are taking you, you cannot and will not see what is above you. What a sad thing to behold.

Though my heart and mind are weighed down with much these days, I am determined to concentrate on the stars 'so to speak'. :) I hope you are able to do the same.

On a lighter note, this picture is one of my favorites. Not necessarily of me, that's for sure! But it brings back some sweet memories. 'My Kids' were getting a little restless as the other kidlets were having their picture taken by their mom. I honestly couldn't blame them. We HAD been taking pictures for awhile and lets face it, they just wanted to play. Well I took the two boys up the path a little bit and we came upon this fallen down tree trunk. Of course, being me, I immediately started playing make believe with them. I jumped on the trunk and asked them if they wanted a lift on my AWESOME motorcycle.. vvvrrrmmm, vrrmmm. The boys jumped on without hesitation and we were OFF! Immediately they were shouting out the things they were seeing and the adventure was on! Next thing I knew is the boys were looking above us and mesmerized by the tree branches and leaves above. We stopped pretending about our motorcycle ride and we started talking about what we saw in the trees above. THOSE, my friends, are moments that I cherish. What a great sister-in-law to have captured this very moment for us. :)

No comments: