
Boy Life is interesting. I love how if you listen carefully, you hear so many different things ALL at once. I feel truly blessed to be living at a time when I am able to contemplate all that is presented me, all that is laid before me, all that is given me. I am so grateful that I don't just take things at face value. That I can actually be given something (anything) and interpret it and come up with many perspectives, incites, and theories. Life is about growing and I certainly hope I am taking every opportunity to do so.
As you are aware (from my below post), I just returned from Italy. Upon my return I came back to many texts, voice messages, facebook messages, and emails. Talk about feeling loved. :) Thanks friends and family. My point is that after perusing through my messages, I came across a message from someone dear to me. This is what it said "Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize what a gold mine you are, doesn't mean you shine any less. Never allow someone to be your priority, when to them you are just an option." Now before you start reading into this and thinking that I've been slighted or moping around etc etc, please don't. haha. I love quotes and this was just a quote amongst many. But it really hit me. Let me explain. I have the blessing to serve amongst many wonderful women. I am blessed to know many women. By these associations, I have come to KNOW them, see their struggles (amongst my own), learn of what ails them, and try to serve them the best I can. Unfortunately this quote would have come in handy many times over in the past.
My point. Friends (guy or girl), you are a gold mine. Own that! Don't become caulky, but realize that you deserve someone who also SEE's that you are a gold mine. Just because it hasn't happened for you yet (yet being the key word) doesn't mean you start to dim. Get it?! For heaven sakes shine all the brighter, because YOU know that YOU are one hot mama (or fella). Got it?! Don't let someone else determine whether you shine or not. Don't empower another person over you like that. I also love the part where it talks about how you shouldn't allow someone to take priority (hello I'm guilty of that recently...um and if you could see me at the moment you'd see that I'm holding my head in shame). Especially when there are so many options (for guys especially, hahaha). My point is that no matter your situation, SHINE. Don't forget yourself just because you are in a relationship. Don't forget yourself because you are concentrating so hard on the other person. Don't forget yourself...shine no matter what. Nothing is more attractive than a person who shines. We as human beings attract to light. So SHINE! :) Now, I'm not saying that you become the attention seeker or that you become something that you are not. I'm say that you embrace who you are. Love who you are.
So I say again "Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize what a gold mine you are (yet), doesn't mean you shine any less..."
I truly appreciate your allowing me to ramble on these kinds of topics every now and again. I have learned many times that when I feel I should, I should. :) Whether it is for one of you or many of you. It is worth it to me. Much love friends! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment