#1. I don't care who you are, when a child hugs you out of pure excitement of seeing you...it melts away any bad day.
#2. Don't egg on you brothers. I don't care how much younger they are, they WILL get you.
#3. Your super powers have no power over ME!!! muuhahaha
#4. "Got it" has apparently stuck in my kiddies vocab.
To some, this list may just be a bunch of randomness. Rightly so. To others, this list might just be a teaser for what is to come. :) Put your seat belts on ladies and gents cause allow me to take you on my fun filled evening with a few of my kidlets.
My mother is babysitting the kidlets and I decided that I'd pop on over and see them. No joke, I barely get out of my car and I'm surrounded by the wee-ones. They are hugging, kissing, and squealing as if they haven't seen me in AGES. When in reality I just saw them two days ago. Sigh. I don't care who you are, when a child hugs you out of pure excitement of seeing you, it melts away any bad day. If that's not magic, I don't know what is. :)
So as I'm playing with the kids (hello, what else would I be doing?), I decided that I'd let them play on the tramp while I just laughed at them. My oldest nephew started teasing his younger brothers. Ya know, the kind where he bets them they can't take him down. Well as it turns out. They COULDN'T take him down. So he got a little overly confident. He started telling them that they couldn't even get his shorts!! Oh, that did it! Ethan was determined!! Even though he's 4 and Bray is 11 didn't stop his efforts. He tried and tried. I laughed and laughed. So many close calls. Then all of the sudden E got a hold of Brays shorts! E gripped 'em good and the next thing I know is Ry-ry tag teamed him and grabbed the front part of his shorts while tripping Bray. Bray was down for the count and his shorts were completely OFF his body!!! I was rolling. Not just cause of that but because at the same exact moment, a jogger went by. Hahaha. Just goes to show, don't egg your brothers on. I don't care how much younger they are, they WILL get you!! :)
Side note, if you have a child that is nervous to go on the tramp. One thing I've found that helps with my nephews is that I jump with them and take hold of their armpits. Holding them is too dangerous. However, if you face them out and you have a hold of their armpits while their feet are still on the tramp, they still have the feel of jumping as high as you do but they won't fall because you have ahold of them. They feel secure and yet they feel like they are also doing part of the work (when really you are). Plus it saves your back. :)
Ok, so after the pantsing incident, the kids started playing superhero on the tramp and around the tramp. I sat in a chair by the tramp and was the tickle chamber should any one accidentally come close enough to ensnare. Which ironically happened ALOT. Hm. My niece found herself in my tickle chamber and she tried to freeze me (her superhero power) and of course, superhero powers do not work on the tickle chamber! Hello!!! Needless to say, the super hero's found themselves needing to resort to other methods to try to escape besides their powers. It did not stop them from trying EVERY time to use their powers. I merely had to tell them that their super powers do not work on ME! Muuhahahaha.
Lastly, my nephews (one in particular) have a very hard time listening. I try many ways to make sure they are listening, but it's always amusing to learn which 'method' you are using the most often lately. As I was putting this particular kidlet to bed, he was asking me all sorts of questions. I didn't want his mind going over all the information right before bed. So I simply told him that Nana (my mom) was going to be here for a few days and he should just have fun playing with her while she's here. Before I could even check to see if he was listening he said "Got it'. hahaha. It was then that I realized that lately my way of checking to see if he's with me is by asking him "Got it?" and he replys "Got it". hahaha.
What a fun night. I can always count on my kidlets. :)
1 month ago

No comments:
Post a Comment