Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Unfinished Symphony

I have the amazing privilege of knowing this amazing person. Although she does not see HER potential...she cannot fool me. :) I see it. Yes I do. :)And others see it too. This friend and I share a liking for this one movie. Kind of a random movie but the name alone speaks volumes. A mirror has two faces. Guess what? We may see one image in that mirror, but others see something completely different. Often times we are our harshest critic. We pick out what we are lacking and all the negatives we see. But others see all the good things that radiates from us. It's up to us to start seeing both sides of that mirror. :)

Photobucket
I read this poem today...Unfinished Symphony by Laurence Overmire

We are told somehow
Creation happened a
Long, long, time ago

But look around you
Each day brings
Things not seen or heard before

With each revolution of moon and star
The Creator is constantly
Sculpting new life out of the dust

New heavens to behold

Our world is a dream
Spinning on the potters wheel
Ever wondrous, sometimes frightening

But always, in process
Of becoming
More.

Friend, I know life is so unbelievably hard right now. Life has thrown you curve ball after curve ball. You are constantly battling. I am often times at a loss for words. But I know this. I love you. I am here for you when you need. And YOU are here for a reason. Though we do not understand all things, I know you have purpose. You have been such a strong example of love, strength, hope, and endurance to me. You, my friend, are an unfinished symphony, in process of becoming more. Hold on to your faith. Hold on to your hope. I love you always.

No comments: