I wasn't able to hear Elder Bednar's CES fireside on Sunday so I listened to it tonight. Wow! It was fantastic. If you haven't had a chance to hear it, I'd encourage you to give it a listen.
One thing he said that I felt was so strong is a quote he gave by Joseph Smith, "The devil has no body, and herein is his punishment. He is pleased when he can obtain the tabernacle of man. And when cast out by the Savior, he asked to go into the herd of Swine, showing that he would prefered a swine's body to having none. All beings who have bodies, have power over those who have not. The devil has no power over us only as we permit him. The moment we revolt at anything which comes from God, the devil takes power."
Wow on so many levels. I guess I've never thought of things in quite these terms before. I feel so blessed to be reminded that Satan doesn't have any power over us unless we permit him.
http://www.lds.org/move/index.html?type=ces&event=1&lang=english#
5 days ago

1 comment:
Thanks for the recommendation, Tandy. Finally got around to watching it this morning. Great application of doctrine to our lives.
Post a Comment