Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Text to Brighten My Day

Photobucket

Buzzzz, Buzzzz. As I sat in institute class last night, engrossed in the topic of tender mercies (a blog to come), I kept hearing buzzing. So irritating! Whoops...to my embarrassment, it was me! Usually I turn my phone on silent when I'm in class. Apparently I had forgotten. As I quickly grabbed my phone (but not quick enough not to cause a few stares), I looked down and noticed the message was from my sister in law. Hm. My curiosity was peaked, so naturally I took a peak at my message. Holy nugget! Best news!!! My brother, her husband, is back in the USA!!! Whoot whoot! Ok, before you go all "so what" on me, let me explain. My brother has been serving in the army for over a year. He's been in Afghanistan. He won't be home for a little bit longer while they debrief the soldiers, but I cannot even tell you how relieved I am that he is back in the USA.

Ironically we were talking about tender mercies in institute and boy was this a big one! I am so proud of my brother for his service. I am so proud of the man he has become and the man that he is. I feel so blessed to have him back, unscathed.

5 comments:

Cambu said...

I love that you took a picture of your phone and the message! ;) I'm glad he's back. What a blessing indeed!

The Lighthearts said...

I'm so happy to hear that your brother is home safe. It will be a great homecoming, trust me! Hats off to your sister-in-law as well. I know, all too well, the effect deployments have on the homefront.

Robyn said...

Hopefully he'll be home to hug soon! Glad that he's back safe!

Wendy said...

Tandy!

I found you! This is Wendy Bouton, the formally Wendy Hicken. I have been wondering what you were up to, how you are. You look fabulous!
Here is my email address: wendybouton@yahoo.com. If you feel like it, will you send me your email? I would love to add you to my blog.

Have an amazing day!

Tierney said...

Yay! So glad he's coming home safe!