As I have come across many people who have had a love for sushi, I have been very intrigued as to why. No, I am not one of those people that has to ask 'why' all the time, but on this point, I was very intrigued. As time has gone on, I have decided that I would very much like to decide whether I fall in the love or hate category for sushi. My mind would have me automatically say I'd hate it. Cause hello..raw fish! Eew! But I was determined to give it a good go. My brother took me for sushi last year. I tried a few of his sushi rolls. I wasn't a huge fan, however I didn't hate it either. The tuna I tried was interesting in texture and I could only eat one because it was mushy. Even though I wasn't in love, I really wanted to try other types of sushi so I could honestly say whether I loved or hated it.

Last night I went to a sushi bar with some friends. I even used chop sticks people!!! I am horrible with chop sticks! Usually I end up flinging my food across the table at people but I actually was able to eat with them! Whoot whoot! Anyway, I got the Spicy tuna (boy was that spicy for me!) and the shrimp tempura. Lets just say I liked them both but the tuna was a bit too spicy for me. I also tried my friends Ichi roll and the other one was called the Playboy (I think). I liked both but really LOVED the Ichi roll. So what is my assessment of sushi thus far? I really like it! I know, I know. Surprising! Even more surprising is that I liked the Ichi roll cause raw fish was chilling on top of the roll. I thought for sure I was gonna gag it down. Nope...loved it! Just goes to show, trying things for the first time in order to decide whether you like them or not is always in your best interest. :)

3 comments:
Hmmm...still not something I have ever wanted to try. Maybe you can help convince me. ;)
I'm actually going to learn how to make sushi in a few weeks (I however will have to only partake of the california rolls! I'm of the opinion that it can be pretty good if FRESH! Some sushi places are pretty scary and I won't touch the stuff! (NEVER from a buffet!!!)
Tandy,
Welcome to the delicious world of Sushi! I once thought much like you did, and it's now easily my favorite variety of food. Keep at it, try everything (within discretion) and you'll love it more and more. The best part? SUPER healthy. Booya!
Thanks for blogging. It's great to hear from you.
Post a Comment