The other day I ventured out to my mail box to grab the mail. These days, there isn't much excitement to be found in the mail. Not with all the technology and what not. I mean, with all the forms of communication, snail mail isn't the most popular. Regardless of most popular or not, I'm not sure what it is, but it always makes me feel good to get a random sweet card or note in the mail. Don't get me wrong, a note in any form is wonderful, but to have someone actually take the time to write a note and mail it is so... just a little bit extra somehow.
Anyway, I got my mail the other day and there was a note from someone. No name. Someone had taken the time to just write me a sweet note. They will never know how much it meant to me to have someone take the time out, for little ol' me. It was such a thoughtful and sweet note. Something I desperately needed that day. So thank you.
I've always said that a compliment does no good just rolling around in your head, be sure to open your mouth and give the compliments you are thinking. You never know who's day you are brightening, just by simply expressing the wonderful thoughts you are thinking about others. I absolutely LOVE when others live by this rule of thumb. I love when people simply love each other and care about each other. Oh how simply and small a thing, to love and care for one another.
1 month ago

4 comments:
Thanks for sharing. I'm bad at thinking the compliments and letting them "roll around in my head" but not actually telling the person.
I wish I was good at this! I wish I would write little notes, remember birthdays, express my compliments more often! Maybe I'll just have to work hard to make my "wish" come true!
Tandy sounds like you have a stalker. Watch out when the letters are filled with fingernails.haha. I think it is so much fun to get a random something in the mail. But I always like to know who it is from.
Oh so sweet! I love getting snail mail and I love compliments. I really need to be better at giving them out...so thanks for the reminder!
Post a Comment