This year has been a year of eye opening realizations. I neared my 30th year last year with great reservations. I had always believed that I would be in a certain place in my life by the age of 30 and I found myself looking 30 in the face and wondering if I had come even close to any of those expectations. Questions like.. Am I the person I always imagined I would be at this time in my life? Have I made a positive difference in the lives of those I come in contact with? Have I experienced life as I should have by now? Ya know, things like that. :) As I found 30 creeping up on me, I found that I wanted to just skip it all together. (Is that even possible, LOL?) I really wasn't looking forward to it in the least bit. Thankfully I started thinking about things several months before the actual day hit because on my 30th birthday I was in a really good place. I embraced where I was at in life.
Having said all that, I have to say that 30 has been a fantastic year for me. Ok ok, I still have a few more months left to enjoy my 30th year. :) But I can honestly say that for dreading the big 3..0.. it has treated me really well. I see several of my friends going through some of the same reservations that I went through. It's funny how we sometimes confuse life's markers with age markers. Friends out there who struggle with age, don't! It's just a number. It doesn't define you. Let what defines you be WHO you are. And if you don't like who you are, start making changes in THAT regard. For me, it always comes back to this.. Life is what you make of it. You are going to be miserable if you allow yourself to be. Or, you are going to be happy if you allow yourself to be. I notice that when I find the simple and small things to be grateful for, I am amazed at how blessed I am and how happy I am that I'm continually thought of by a loving Father. And yes, that even means being happy about your AGE! lol. Take it from a gal who is going to be turning 31 in a few months. Now I know I'm going on and on about age right now, but if it's not 'age' for you, fill in the blank. It doesn't really matter, the concept is the same. YOU are the one who decides whether you pick yourself up from hard experiences and move forward, taking with you the lessons learned. YOU are the one who decides whether you allow yourself to move forward and to grow mentally, spiritually.
Now, the real reason for bringing up age. lol. This year has provided me with so much insight into my own life. Who would have thought that at age 30 I'd be learning such great things still! You'd think I'd be an expert in life by now! :) It's been a treasure I will keep with me always. I am SO grateful for that. It just goes to show, that yes, even when we think we are grown, we learn great things. :) How fantastic is that?!
1 month ago

3 comments:
I love this...
I totally agree! I don't feel like I thought 30 would be. (Make sense?) So I'm actually ok to be 30! Bring on 31, right!?!
Tandy! I'm glad you found my blog! This was a great post. I agree with everything you said. Age is simply a number and not something that should define a person.
Post a Comment